A recent piece by Ed Mierzwinski of the U.S. Public Interest Research Group [“Regulators Play ‘Whack-a-Mole’ With Predatory Lenders,” August 13] vilifying the short-term, online lending industry as “predatory” grossly misrepresented companies focused on serving the very real financial needs of the consumers he claims to support.
- U.S. Consumer Spending Seems to Decline in August as Extended Unemployment Lapses
- Senators Gillibrand and Sanders Reintroduce Postal Banking Act
- Survey Finds Most Americans Say They Can Now Manage Finances Without Physical Bank Branch
- CFTC Report Warns Climate Change Poses Risk to Financial System
- Declines in Credit Unions’ Credit Card Debt Mirror Broader Trend
Join our mailing list to receive the latest NAFSA news and updates.